You can change or update your postal address with United States Postal Service (USPS) by filling the change address form. You can change or update your address by two methods. First is through online means and second is by visiting the local post office. You can do it either way according to your convenience. You can make your changes by filling up the form online or offline.
Now the question arises that how will you get confirmation about the change of address confirmation. Then the answer to this is USPS will provide you with the confirmation once your change of address request is submitted successfully. The ways of getting confirmation are:-
- You will get an email for your confirmation that would contain the confirmation code if you have submitted a change of address request online.
- You will receive a welcome kit at your new address that would contain coupons and offers.
- Permanent Change of address letter of confirmation will be sent to your new address.
- Validate your move, United States Postal Service will mail you a Move Validation Letter (MVL) to your old address.
- S Postal Service won’t issue any duplicate COA letter if you don’t receive any confirmation letter (except for unusual and special circumstances). It is because of security and privacy rules.
NOTE- Call on 1-800-ASK-USPS for more inquiries.
Through this way, you will know that your COA request has submitted successfully. We recommend you to not to hire any third party company for changing or updating your address with USPS on your behalf as they charge a lot of money. So it is better to update or change it yourself through the official site of USPS or by visiting your local post office.