USPS provides the service of “USPS Tracking” that allows users to track their mail parcels and locate it check the current delivery status. If you use the service of USPS then you might be aware of this service. USPS gives the customer a unique “Tracking Number” that is used to track the packages.
USPS Tracking works well to show the current status of the package, but people do not get “USPS delivery status updated.” Now there can be various reasons for this. Read the full article below to know them.
USPS Tracking Not Updated / Down
USPS Tracking is a method which ensures that your mail reaches their final destination. The US Postal Service provides all the details to the customers such as time, date and zip code and all other important information.
USPS provides this feature of tracking almost all the domestic mailing products automatically. You can go to the website USPS.com, track the delivery status by entering your tracking number. It works well most of the time but if you face any problem it could be because of the following reasons
Why My USPS Tracking isn’t Updating / Found
These could be the reasons why your USPS tracking is not updating or not working or not found
- Scanning of Barcode: Many times a package is not scanned because the barcode is difficult to scan. Sometimes it gets torn or smudged in handling making it difficult to scan. when a sender is printing the labels make sure that the barcode is not crimped, fuzzy or too light or wrapped around a corner. Make sure it is attached firmly.
- Weather Issues: Bad weather leads to late delivery, if the weather is not good then you package may possibility gets stuck.
- At intermediary stops Packages aren’t scanned into the carrier’s system: Your package travels through various stops during the delivery process, it is scanned at multiple times. You get an update each time when a package gets scanned. Sometimes when the packages do not get scanned due to any unavoidable circumstance and there is tracking has no update with USPS.
- Carrier Running Behind: This could also be one of the reason as sometimes your mail carrier may be running late.
- Also If your mailed package is small, it is possible that it is stuck in the empty equipment.