M-bag can be defined as the direct sack of printed material sent to a single address to the single addressee. The sack is basically a canvas bag that is used for delivering printed items like magazines, newspaper, books etc. Printed materials are the only things that can be added in M-bags. Printed materials also include a music sheet, journals, magazines, newspapers, books, catalogues, commercial advertising, directories, and promotional matter. M-Bag service may also include extra charges.
General Information about M-bag:-
- Dimensions and weight – The bags are 4 feet tall & 36 inch in diameter. Although, customers have to pay the 11-pound postage price. The maximum weight of the M-bag must not exceed 66 pounds.
- Delivery time- The delivery time of First-Class Mail International varies according to destination and Priority Mail International takes 6-10 business days.
- Types of M-bags- Airmail M-bags, International Priority Airmail (IPA) and International Surface Airlift (ISAL).
- The mail pieces must have the United States return address. The return address must be there on the outside.
- If in case the M-bags do not get delivered then these are sent back to its sender at no cost.
- Customers can send M-bags to PO Boxes.
- M-bags are not insured or registered.
- The mailing tag that is PS Tag 158 and sacks required for the entry of M-bags are free for those who are using this service and others can obtain these from the post office facilities.
- This service is usually used by the students studying in the United States but belongs to a foreign nation as these students want an inexpensive way to send their books home.
- Each mailing package must be placed into a different package which must include the mark of “Postage Paid – M-bag” and it should contain the name and the address of the recipient and the sender.